|Adapted Program Leader (Auxiliary)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 31, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||City of Surrey’s Healthy Communities team is looking for an enthusiastic and supportive Program Leader who has a passion for creating welcoming and inclusive environments for children and youth of all abilities. For more information on our Adapted Programs, please visit http://www.surrey.ca/culture-recreation/2273.aspx
||As an Adapted Program Leader, you will work closely with volunteers and staff on programs like Our Fun For Kids and Youth On The Move, which offers children with disabilities the opportunity to socialize and participate in a variety of activities.
The role is responsible for:
• Planning and implementing a supportive, inclusive and safe adapted social recreation program for children and youth with disabilities;
• Assuring the environment and program is safe and welcoming for all participants, and meets the individual needs of the participants and the group as a whole;
• Working openly with parents and caregivers to assure the best possible experience for program participants;
• Providing one-on-one, and one-to-three support for children and youth with disabilities;
• Overseeing and supervising volunteers and other staff.
||You, as our ideal candidate, are a compassionate and caring individual looking for a meaningful challenge in their career. You thrive on seeing your participants succeed in the program while having fun. You have excellent communication skills and are able to adapt to changing situations.
You must also be able to work Saturdays and have:
• A current Emergency First-Aid certificate;
• At least one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities, or an acceptable equivalent of education and experience;
• A Class 4 Driver’s License (an asset).
||If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca to Job ID 1608. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||August 9, 2017 08:30 AM
||August 31, 2017 04:30 PM