||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
August 4, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-40 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Municipal Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of approximately 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department seeks an enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service skills to join their team on a Temporary Full-Time basis for approximately five (5) months. In this role you will be primarily responsible providing administrative support to the City’s Arborist. You will be accepting and tracking tree permit applications and payments, providing information and assistance at the front counter, over the telephone and through email regarding the City’s tree management bylaw; as well as preparing routine correspondence, maintaining a variety of departmental records, files and accounts, and performing other routine clerical tasks.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by office or administrative courses, preferably Microsoft Office Suite training, plus sound related office support and customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Sound knowledge of the functions, regulations and rules governing applicable department operations and activities;
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and punctuation;
• Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office with strong word processing and typing skills and the ability to use and create templates, spreadsheets and mail merges;
||• Ability to perform basic accounting, cashiering and clerical duties with accuracy and detail and in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Ability to maintain accurate electronic and paper records;
• Ability to compose routine correspondence and arrange format for reports, tabulations, graphs, summaries, and related material efficiently and accurately with a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm;
• Ability to deal effectively with the public and a variety of other internal and external contacts in processing inquiries and complaints and ability to provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner; plus ability to work effectively under pressure while dealing with contentious matters and difficult customers;
• Ability to prioritize work load and manage concurrent projects, to work independently, to perform tasks under periodic work pressure, and to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Ability to work well with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a switchboard.
||The hourly wage range of this unionized position is $22.53 - $26.38 with select benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, August 4, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-40
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||July 21, 2017 08:30 AM
||August 4, 2017 04:30 PM