||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
July 25, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-37 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Municipal Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of approximately 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Engineering and Municipal Operations Department is seeking a Water Operator to join their Water Utility team. This position reports to the Manager, Utilities and receives daily direction form the Water Foreman. The Water Operator performs field and technical work related to the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the water distribution system. In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection, servicing, repair, testing and installation of water meters, pressure reducing valves, watermains and hydrants, as well as duties related to the unidirectional flushing program in order to maintain equipment at a high level of standard operating efficiency.
||• Completion of 12th Grade plus 3 years related experience working with water distribution systems, plus completion of EOCP Water Distribution Level I Certification;
• Must be willing and able to undertake additional training and education with respect to Water and Wastewater Distribution certification as required under the Drinking Water Protection Act;
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance, repair and installation of water meters, valves and related equipment, fittings and services;
• Considerable knowledge of the safety precautions and hazards applicable to the work;
• Sound knowledge of the City’s Water Distribution System & of the tools, material and equipment used in the work;
||• Ability to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in maintaining, repairing and installing water meters, valves and related waterworks fittings and services;
• Ability to perform all servicing, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and related duties with minimal supervision;
• Skill in the use of a variety of tools and equipment, including the ability to operates SCADA equipment to monitor flow pressures and real time water quality information;
• Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
• Ability to prepare and maintain records and files related to the work manually or using a computer;
• Ability to work outdoors in a physically demanding role, in all types of weather conditions;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
• Must successfully pass a police information check.
||The hourly wage rate of this position is $33.33 per hour with select benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, copies of certificates and a current driver’s abstract for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Submit Your Application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-37
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||July 11, 2017 08:30 AM
||July 25, 2017 04:30 PM