||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
July 18, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-38 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Public Works Division
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Public Works Division seeks an individual with outstanding laboring skills, work ethic, attention to safety and customer service skills to join their team on a Regular Full-Time basis. In this position you will be performing a variety of public works construction and maintenance laboring duties involving considerable physical effort in all weather conditions. Duties include a variety of jobs such as maintenance and construction of roads, pavements, sewers, pipe laying, sign installation, asphalt installation, raker person experience, roller experience, performing cement work and concrete installation, including brick paver installation; operating a variety of small equipment and driving trucks; performing maintenance inspections and performing routine equipment maintenance.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented with job-related experience including experience operating small equipment used in the performance of public works construction and maintenance duties, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Considerable experience or training and knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions applicable to the work (shoring and excavation, confined space entry, fall restraint, underground utility awareness, working around heavy equipment, power tools, etc.);
• Working knowledge of the MMCD Standards;
||• Ability to measure and order hot mix asphalt, shovel, rake and compact asphalt;
• Ability to complete final paving from large to small projects;
• Ability to repair potholes with cold mix;
• Ability and knowledge in finishing cement, laying brick and cement block grouting and concrete making;
• Currently possess or the ability to obtain Wastewater Collection Level I is preferred;
• Ability to perform public works maintenance tasks without direct supervision;
• Ability to operate public works maintenance equipment including hand and power tools such as compressors, jackhammers, and cut-off saws and small and large power equipment;
• Ability to perform a variety of utility maintenance tasks, including painting and form setting;
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
• Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
• Ability to work outdoors in a physically demanding role, in all types of weather conditions;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with air brake endorsement and proof of a safe and responsible driving record;
• Must successfully pass a police information check.
||The hourly wage range for this position is $27.27 - $27.87.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume and current driver’s abstract for consideration by the application deadline. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-38
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||July 6, 2017 08:30 AM
||July 18, 2017 04:30 PM