|Business Systems Analyst
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
July 21, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-35 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Information Technology department seeks a Business Systems Analyst to join their team on a Regular Full-Time basis. The Business Systems Analyst is the interface and link from Information Technology to the business units, monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of business processes and system performance, and acts as lead analyst or project leader for defined system implementations and projects. As the ideal candidate you will have good business/technical knowledge of relevant applications, driven, highly organized and able to balance priorities, and possesses outstanding communication, technical, and analytical skills. You are a team player with a customer service focus who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
||• Diploma in computer systems technology from a recognized post-secondary institution plus at least 5 years related experience in an integrated information technologies environment, including maintaining and supporting enterprise grade applications such as land management, finance GL and asset management systems; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Thorough knowledge of computer systems, components and software, including enterprise grade applications as related to business systems analysis and project implementation;
• Considerable knowledge of problem definition, analysis and problem solving techniques applicable to development and implementation of information technologies;
• Sound knowledge of the principles and practice of business analyses project management and organization, current office practices and equipment, and related database management concepts and principles;
||• Ability to act as lead analyst and to analyze, document and evaluate data and information requirements and to develop logical solutions;
• Ability to act as project lead for packaged or customized software implementation projects;
• Ability to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of enterprise business processes and performance enterprise systems, databases and related applications;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to provide advice and assistance on matters related to the work;
• Ability communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and maintain quality technical reports and systems documentation;
• Ability to work independently and to achieve project and department goals;
• Ability to develop and implement training programs for various user departments in the use of new or revised systems;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
||The annual wage for this position is $69,430 – $82,049 with comprehensive benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, July 21, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-35
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||July 6, 2017 08:30 AM
||July 21, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Business Systems Analyst
||2017-35 Job Posting