|Engineering Technologist I - Regular Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
July 17, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-U091 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 120,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Engineering Technologist I to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Utilities Operations Department.
Reporting to the Utility Operations Manager, you will be responsible in this unionized position for:
• Coordinating and liaising with operations and a variety of internal and external contacts
• Conducting field inspections, ensuring all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and regulations
• Arbitrating and/ or assisting with disputes regarding contract interpretations, construction practices, standards, and methods
• Maintaining an infrastructure management system and databases, including work scheduling and work order creation and tracking
• Maintaining a variety of reports, records and related documents, project schedules and budgets
• Maintain a variety of materials such as technical and status reports, correspondence, tender and project specifications
• Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms
• Review plans and working drawings, as well as work performed for conformance to project guidelines and established standards
• Managing operational programs and processes
Your education will include graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil and Structural Technology or other discipline related to water and wastewater operations, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus sound related experience preferably in a Municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience . You will have considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and installation of municipal infrastructure, bylaws, policies and practices; sound knowledge of engineering mathematics and of municipal engineering plans, specifications, contract documents; and of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures; as well as sound knowledge of computer applications and of contract law.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Graduate Technologist with within the Province of BC
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.63 - $38.52 per hour (5 steps; 2015 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Monday, July 17, 2017.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||June 26, 2017 08:30 AM
||July 17, 2017 04:30 PM