|Recreation Assistant (Part-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
July 21, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-28 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Fraser Valley Regional District is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the part-time position of Recreation Assistant for Recreation, Culture and Airpark Services located in Hope, BC. The Recreation Assistant must be available for shifts from up to four (4) hours to eight (8) hours in duration anytime between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., and/or split shifts and temporary shifts, inclusive of evenings, weekends and some holidays.
||The Recreation Assistant delivers aquatic and arena recreation and leisure programs for children, and may also perform Lifeguard duties under the direct supervision of a certified Lifeguard.
• must at least 15 years of age and have basic swimming and skating skills;
• possess C.P.R. Level ‘C’ Emergency First Aid Certification and be knowledgeable in standard first aid techniques;
• genuinely enjoy interacting and participating in activities with children, and engaging them to provide an experience that is fun;
• good communication and public relations skills, with the ability to effectively deal with children who exhibit challenging behavior, and to use tact and courtesy in dealing with customers;
• Bronze Cross certification in swimming is preferable.
||The start rate for this part-time Union position is $12.77 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits, and upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage will increase to $14.18 per hour plus either 10.6% in lieu of benefits, or if eligible, participation in the benefit program. Shift differential and overtime are paid where applicable as per the Collective Agreement.
||If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-28 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on July 21, 2017 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||June 21, 2017 08:30 AM
||July 21, 2017 04:30 PM