|Engineering Assistant 3 - Drainage
|*Please apply directly on our website at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
||1476 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting to the Drainage Manager, this role is a senior technical, administrative and supervisory position providing support and assistance to senior staff in administrative responsibilities, and performing complex technical work related to the completion of a variety of City engineering drainage activities and projects.
||As the Engineering Technologist for Drainage you will:
• Be a key point of contact and coordinate with the Engineering Operations Division crews in regards to drainage matters
• Assist senior staff with the preparation, development, review and implementation of departmental policies, practices and procedures, capital work and maintenance programs
• Review designs, and contracts prepared by consultants, while performing contract administrative duties
• Be a point of contact for members of the public, consultants and contractors as well as attend public meetings on City of Surrey drainage matters.
||• Completion of a two year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Five years engineering experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability and supervisory experience in the relevant areas of civil engineering and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Must have technical expertise applicable to the specific role.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license
||Competitive salary and benefits package
||• Experience assisting with the preparation of budget
• Customer service experience and dealing directly with members for the public regarding civil engineering matters
||13450 104th Avenue
||June 19, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 26, 2017 04:30 PM