|Water Operator - Supply
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
July 10, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-066 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Regional Utilities
||We are currently offering an excellent Full-time opportunity in our Engineering & Regional Utilities Department, for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with proven skills, knowledge and abilities as a Water Operator for our Supply section.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team responsible for technical and skilled work pertaining to the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the water supply infrastructure; this includes treatment facilities, pump stations, PRV stations, reservoirs, valves, source lakes and water mains.
Responsibilities will include maintaining accurate records and inventories assisting the work of subordinates and on occasion direct contractors engaged in waterworks.
In order to be considered for this position you must have:
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
• Completion of post-secondary courses from a recognized institution, including:
o Introduction to Public Works Operations;
o Municipal Plan Reading;
• Completion of one of the following is required;
o Valve Operation and Maintenance
o Water Pump Station Operation and Maintenance
• A current Environmental Operators Certification Program, Water Treatment level II;
• A current Environmental Operators Certification Program, Water Distribution level II;
• A minimum of three years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of a large water treatment and supply system;
• Chlorination certificate as issued by a recognized certification program;
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred, or ability to obtain within one year;
• Workers Compensation Board Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate with Transportation Endorsement preferred, or ability to obtain within one year;
This position is unionized, C.U.P.E Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $28.12 per hour to $33.06 per hour (2015 rates). In addition the City of Abbotsford offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Closing date: Monday, July 10, 2017
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be, please submit your application.
To apply, visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
||City of Abbotsford
32315 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford BC V2T 1W7
||June 12, 2017 08:30 AM
||July 10, 2017 04:30 PM