||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
June 23, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-25 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||City Clerk's Office
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||Reporting to the City Clerk, this is specialized work with respect to the management of the Corporation’s records. Under the direction of the City Clerk, this position administers, coordinates, implements and maintains the records management system for manual and electronic records; develops and establishes policies and procedures for the management of corporate records; provides direction and training to City staff and performs audits to ensure compliance with records management policies and procedures.
||• Successful completion of a certificate program in Records Management or Automated Records Management and Archival Techniques, and considerable experience in a records management role to include development and/or implementation of a classification system, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Thorough knowledge of records management principles and practices;
• Considerable knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the role of Records Management;
• Sound knowledge of the capabilities of an electronic records management system as related to the work performed;
||• Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Strong analytical and planning skills;
• Ability to prepare a variety of materials, including training plans, recommendations for the Corporate Officer’s consideration and internal communications and training;
• Ability to interpret and apply legislation related to records management;
• Ability to evaluate processes, systems and procedures, and recommend changes and enhancements, and develop, recommend and implement new and/or revised methods and procedures related to the work;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to deal tactfully and effectively with municipal officials and employees, while making a positive contribution a team;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office;
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information related to the function of the position;
• Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
||The hourly wage for this position is $32.29-$38.02 with select benefits offered.
||The expected duration for this appointment is approximately six (6) months. If your experience and education have prepared your success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday June 23, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-25
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||June 9, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 23, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Records Coordinator
||2017-25 Job Posting