|Trades II-Fire Technician
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
June 21, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-082 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Regional Utilities
||The City of Abbotsford is currently offering an exciting opportunity in our Engineering and Regional Utilities Department for a Full-time skilled journeyman mechanic to perform repair and maintenance of Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services (AFRS) vehicle fleet and Fire apparatus and firefighting equipment.
This is a skilled position requiring a high degree of technical knowledge in the repair and maintenance of all Fire apparatus and firefighting equipment.
The successful incumbent will exercise independence of judgment and action as to the method and maintenance or repair. They will be required to organize, assign and check work during progress and/or completion in order to meet priorities.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of a Fleet supervisor who evaluates performance in terms of quality of service provided and adherence to established standards of performance.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
• Grade 12 plus a current British Columbia Trades Qualification in Heavy Duty, Automotive or Commercial Transport Mechanic;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the trade preferable working on Fire Rescue Service vehicles and equipment;
• Valid Class 3 B.C. Drivers Licence with Air Endorsement;
• Valid Certificate for Commercial Vehicle Inspection Permits;
• Emergency Vehicles Technician - Master Fire Apparatus Technician's Level preferred.
This position is unionized, C.U.P.E Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $29.30 to $34.48 per hour (2015 rates) and 12% in lieu of vacation and benefits..
Closing date: June 21, 2017
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be, please submit your application.
To apply, visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
||City of Abbotsford
32315 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford BC V2T 1W7
||May 31, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 21, 2017 04:30 PM