|Executive Assistant (Temporary) (Part-Time Hours)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
June 30, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-26 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, equal to more than twice the size of Prince Edward Island.
||We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the part-time position of Executive Assistant to the Manager of Recreation Services in Hope BC. The term of this position is for approximately six (6) months. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing a diverse range of confidential administrative support which includes confidential clerical support, office management, and records management.
||• Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Local Government Administration is desirable plus several years’ experience in a senior administrative position in local government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
||• General knowledge of local government;
• A high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software quickly;
• Excellent written communication skills which include ability to write clear, concise reports;
• Excellent verbal and public relation skills, with the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and deal effectively with public officials, the public, volunteers, external agencies and all levels of staff;
• Demonstrated ability to handle a complex and varied workload in a flexible manner, and often under pressure;
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and effectively handle conflicting priorities;
||The salary for this part-time temporary exempt position is commensurate with experience. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
||If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-26 and send in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2017 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||May 31, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 30, 2017 04:30 PM