|Clerk-Typist 3 (Customer Service Representative)
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
June 9, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-29 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Financial Services Department seeks an individual with outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills to join their team on a Regular-Full Time basis. Reporting to the Manager, Revenue Services, you will provide a variety of clerical support services including receiving, recording, balancing and processing receipts for a variety of City accounts, operating the central switchboard, calculating, processing and collecting parking bylaw infractions, and providing general reception and administrative support. In this position you will provide factual information to the public relative to all kinds of city charges, including property taxes, utilities, dog and business licensing, parking decals and tickets and other municipal matters. You will be responsible for providing customer service in a professional and courteous manner, including dealing with upset or angry customers and handling customer complaints with a considerable amount of judgement to mitigate escalation of issues to senior levels of the organization. Other job duties will include managing the City’s generic email account, processing payments for a variety of accounts, assisting in the processing of property taxes and processing parking bylaw violations. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of departmental records, files and accounts, and performing other routine clerical tasks. The successful candidate is a self-starter, driven, highly organized, and possesses outstanding communication skills and customer service skills.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by word processing and administrative courses, preferably in bookkeeping and Microsoft Office Suite training, plus sound related experience performing reception, cash receipting and clerical functions; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Considerable knowledge of the Home Owner Grant Act and Municipal Act applicable to the work performed;
• Sound knowledge of the organization of the City, the general functions of its departments and the nature of services provided as related to the work performed;
• Sound knowledge of the applicable sections of the Community Charter, Assessment Act and Home Owner Grant Act, and of the bylaws, rules, regulations, legislative requirements, policies and procedures governing the work;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office with strong word processing skills and the ability to use and create templates, spreadsheets and mail merges;
• Sound knowledge of computer systems and software applications, including Tempest and Vadim related to the job duties, and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a switchboard;
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic;
• Working knowledge of account classification, modern business practices and the procedures used in receiving and recording remittances;
||• Ability to deal effectively with the public and a variety of other internal and external contacts in handling inquiries and complaints and ability to provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner; plus ability to work effectively under pressure while dealing with contentious matters and difficult customers;
• Ability to perform basic accounting, cashiering and clerical duties with accuracy and detail and in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Ability to type a variety of material, compose routine correspondence and prepare and maintain files, records, reports and related material;
• Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Ability to prioritize workloads, to work independently with minimal guidelines and supervision, and to perform tasks under periodic work pressure;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment.
||The annual salary range for this position is $44,412 - $52,209 (2017 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter. Please note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, June 9, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2017-29
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||May 29, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 9, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Clerk-Typist 3 (Customer Service Representative)
||2017-29 Job Posting