|Park Tech – Land Development
|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 15, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||The City of Surrey, often referred to as the City of Parks, is looking for Park Technician that is able to represent the Parks Division interests on a full spectrum of land development projects.
• Serve as the primary Parks contact on land development projects, liaising with Contractors and Developers regarding Parks interests and requirements and resolving issues as needed
• Consult with internal stakeholders to ensure all interests are best served.
• Perform inspections of development sites and ensure compliance with Parks requirements
• Review and comment on development plans and drawings.
• Develop cost estimates and other technical reports.
• Manages programs and projects within approved budgets
• Perform hands-on field work in all weather conditions and coordinate and supervise the work of crews and contractors, from time to time, as it relates to unimproved parkland
You are an independent self-starter and a great team member. You’re a logical and analytical problem solver with knowledge of the industry and applicable statutes and regulations. You are a great communicator who can deal with the public, contractors and City staff with diplomacy. You are computer literate and have experience reading construction drawings.
You also meet one of the following criteria:
• Completion of a Horticulture Diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of three years related experience, OR
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a Horticultural Trades Qualification, supplemented by three years of related progressive experience, OR
• Completion of Grade 12 and a Horticultural Technical Certificate Program (one year full-time) from a recognized post- secondary institution, with additional related academic courses and training including at least one credit course in each of supervision and technical writing, supplemented by four years of related progressive experience, OR
• An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
You must hold a Valid B.C. Driver's License with a safe driving record. Must be a certified arborist with hazardous tree assessment training. Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||May 15, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 15, 2017 04:30 PM