|Seasonal Labourers (Parks)
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
May 19, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-27 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Parks Division seeks a number of individuals with outstanding laboring and customer service skills to join their team on a Temporary-Full Time basis for approximately three (3) months, beginning in June 2017, and which may be extended due to operational requirements. In this position you will be performing a variety of parks construction and maintenance laboring duties involving considerable physical effort. Duties include maintaining turf, flower beds, shrubs, and trees; performing ground preparation and maintenance; assisting with the construction of small parks structures; performing cement work and concrete installation, including brick paver installation; operating a variety of small equipment and driving trucks with trailers; performing parks maintenance inspections and performing routine equipment maintenance.
||• Completion of Grade 12 plus previous job-related experience including experience operating road licensed lawn mowers and operating small equipment used in the performance of parks construction and parks maintenance duties. Related education in areas such as horticulture, turf and parks maintenance is preferred;
• Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions applicable to the work;
• Working knowledge of and ability to apply pruning and fertilizing procedures;
• Skills and knowledge in the operation of a road licensed lawn mower;
||• Ability to perform parks maintenance tasks without direct supervision;
• Ability to operating parks maintenance equipment including string-line trimmers, power edgers, chainsaws and hedge trimmers;
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
• Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment;
• Ability to work outdoors in all conditions, including inclement weather;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and proof of a safe driving record;
• Must successfully pass a police information check.
||The hourly wage range for this position is $27.27 - $27.87.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a resume, cover letter and copy of your current driver’s abstract for consideration by the application deadline. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 19, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-27
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||May 12, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 19, 2017 04:30 PM