|Technical Support Specialist
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
May 19, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-26 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Information Technology department seeks a Technical Support Specialist to join their team on a Regular Full-Time basis. This position involves logging customer calls, investigating, assessing and resolving software, hardware and telephony problems, and monitoring backups daily. The Technical Support Specialist is also responsible for the documentation of processes, inventory and helpdesk reporting. The successful candidate may be required to provide training and hands-on assistance to support users and create training documentation, including for user training. Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a self-starter, driven, highly organized and able to balance priorities, and possesses outstanding communication, technical, and analytical skills.
||• Two-year Diploma in computer sciences or related field plus previous related experience in a help desk or support environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Network + and A+ certification preferred;
• Technical problem solving, and root cause analysis skills;
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, principles, practices and capabilities of computer hardware, software and operating systems, including server and desktop client technologies, and multifunction printers;
• Considerable knowledge of Windows Server core functions including Active Directory, Group Policy and DHCP, DNS;
• Considerable knowledge of Windows 7/10 operating system, MS Office 2013/16, Adobe Acrobat;
• Sound knowledge of user management in Exchange, and Active Directory, Cisco VoIP, IOS devices and WiFi;
• Sound knowledge of networking principles, protocols and troubleshooting methodology;
||• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deliver a great and repeatable customer service experience;
• Ability to examine user applications and practices and identify problems, solutions, improvements and/or additional needs;
• Ability to investigate, assess and resolve network hardware, software and communication problems;
• Ability to install and configure computer and peripheral equipment;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, coordinate with customers and teams;
• Ability to produce and maintain quality technical documentation;
• Ability to develop and conduct user training;
• Preference for a familiarity with Class, Vadim, Tempest.
||The annual wage for this position is $56,611 – $66,655 with comprehensive benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, May 19, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-26
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||May 12, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 19, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Technical Support Specialist
||2017-26 Job Posting