|Clerk 1 (time-durated)
||Village of Harrison Hot Springs
This posting closed on
May 26, 2017
at 4:00 PM
||The Village has an employment opportunity for a temporary clerical assistant to assist with records management. This is a time-durated position from June through to September of 2017 and would be of interest to individuals who are pursuing a career in public sector records management. Under the supervision of the Corporate Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for creation, classification, maintenance, retention, storage and disposal of paper and electronic documents under the Village’s Records Management System.
- Complete transfer and purge of documents in existing system;
- Classify and maintain existing files;
- Preparation of new document files;
- Receive, record and prepare records for eventual destruction
- Physical work requiring packaging, boxing and transferring of documents to off-site storage facility
- Perform additional duties as required by the Corporate Officer
- High School Diploma
- Experience in working with local government filing systems would be an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Ability to comprehend classification of documents of the Records Management System and apply controls necessary for daily filing and storage
- Proficiency with a variety of office equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows word processing, spreadsheets, databases and e-mail applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Ability to lift heavy boxes
||This is a bargaining unit position with a rate of pay of $21.12 (Pay Grade 2) plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits as per the Collective Agreement. Hours of work will be 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
A full job description can be found on the Village website at www.harrisonhotsprings.ca.
If you are interested in this position please submit a covering letter and resume via email to email@example.com before 4:00 p.m. on Friday May 26th, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
||495 Hot Springs Road, Box 160
Harrison Hot Springs BC V0M 1K0
||May 9, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 26, 2017 04:00 PM