|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 8, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Clerk 4 performs highly complex clerical work of considerable responsibility and supervises the junior clerical activities in the Finance and Technology Department. Employees work under limited supervision and exercise considerable independent judgement and initiative.
As a successful candidate, you will:
• Plan, coordinate, train and supervise clerical staff in a variety of functions as required.
• Arranges meetings and appointments, and ensures availability of materials for meetings.
• Interpret departmental regulations to the public at the front counter, or through the phone or correspondence and attempt to resolve difficult problems.
• Maintains and assures security of confidential information.
• Researches, collects, compiles and analyses information and data from various sources to facilitate the organization and preparation of documents and reports.
• Draft new forms, procedures and instructions subject to review of a superior.
• Word processes letters of a technical nature, correspondence, reports, forms, and hand written information.
• Prepare varied documents, collect and analyze a variety of data for entry, and complex statistical reports.
• Perform junior accounting statistical tabulation.
• Assist other staff in performing their duties.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to exercise good judgement in performing the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently, plan, organize, supervise work projects and develop work procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of Business English, spelling, arithmetic, current office practices, procedures and equipment operation.
• Knowledge of computer office applications and good key board skills.
• Knowledge and skills which relate to the department in which the position is required.
A qualified applicant will have the:
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by completion of several business courses at a post-secondary level.
• Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible and diversified clerical experience including supervisory experience.
• Must have accurate typing speed of 45 wpm
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||May 8, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 8, 2017 04:30 PM