|Engineering Process Manager
|*Please apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 3, 2017
at 8:30 AM
Reporting to the GIS Manager, the Engineering Process Manager leads a number of application and business analysts to ensure applications such as the City’s asset management and work order system (Cityworks), COSMOS, and other GIS related applications are maintained and managed to meet the needs of the Engineering Department, the City as a whole and external stakeholders.
The Engineering Process Manager leads both the Cityworks Team and Engineering Process Team to effectively plan, manage and support Cityworks and other key Engineering business applications such as AMANDA, the City’s land development management system. Primary responsibilities include:
• Tracking and assigning service requests to resolve issues and enhance relevant platforms to meet stakeholder requirements and expectations
• Developing strategies, innovations and implementation plans to provide major upgrades and enhancements to these applications, and communicating these plans with stakeholders
• Ensuring these plans are in alignment with the overall business objectives and strategies of the City
• Seeking innovative and leading solutions while considering the complex needs of multiple stakeholders
• Initiating work on pilot projects, as well as providing senior technical leadership on cross-departmental steering committees to ensure solutions meet existing standards
• Collaborating with other cities, external agencies and departments to share opportunities, ideas and best practices.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will have the following:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a directly related field from a recognized educational institute
• Five to 10 years of progressively responsible related experience, preferable in a municipal environment
• Demonstrable experience in the use of enterprise systems
• Strong people leadership skills
• The ability to communicate complex and highly technical data clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
• Demonstrated alignment with the City’s values
• Direct knowledge and experience with Cityworks, AMANDA and ESRI’s suite of GIS products are considered as assets.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||May 3, 2017 08:30 AM
||June 3, 2017 08:30 AM