|Permits Coordinator III - Auxiliary
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
May 11, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-061 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development Services
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities, and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford currently has an exciting, temporary opportunity for a Permits Coordinator III in the Planning and Development Services department.
As the Permits Coordinator III you will provide technical expertise of a regulatory nature involving the review and processing of Commercial Building Permits for new buildings and tenant improvement permits.
If you are a self-starter with demonstrated knowledge of municipal engineering and planning principals, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and with clients, we’d like to hear from you!
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• Completion of a building technology diploma; or completion of a trades qualification certificate in one of the construction trades, supplemented by relevant building construction/ technology courses at a post-secondary institution.
• A minimum of three years of experience as a building official with significant experience in the review of buildings for all major occupancies.
• A valid B.C. Driver's Licence.
• Building Officials Association of B.C. (BOABC) Level III Certification.
• Registered Building Officials status with The BOABC.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $33.96 to $39.95 per hour. Auxiliary Employees are employed on an intermittent or temporary basis for the purpose of relief, replacement or increased activities.
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, we want to hear from you!
||April 26, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 11, 2017 04:30 PM