|General Manager, Corporate Services
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
May 18, 2017
at 4:30 PM
City Council has set ambitious goals to ensure we continue to build a thriving, green, inclusive city. The General Manager (GM), Corporate Services, leads a diverse and talented team in the delivery of services to other City departments and a broad range of stakeholders (both internal and external).
The GM’s key priorities, in alignment with the City’s Values, include, delivering human resources (with occupational health and safety), legal services, technology (IT), and municipal government services (City Clerk), in a manner that is sustaining, best in class, compliant, and ensures that the needs of the City’s staff, departments, residents, unions, and Council are met.
In addition to the leadership of the Corporate Services Department, the GM has city-wide responsibilities and accountabilities that transcend all departments and contributes to the development of strategies and processes which result in the formulation and achievement of the City’s overall goals and objectives.
Reporting to the City Manager, and working collaboratively with the Senior Management Team (SMT) across City Departments, the GM Corporate Services participates in establishing corporate direction and in achieving corporate goals and objectives. The GM leads approximately 170 staff (both union and non-union) and manages key relationships with outside consultants, subject matter experts, vendors and contractors.
Key responsibilities for the General Manager, Corporate Services:
• Effectively and efficiently leads and manages the Corporate Services Department, including human resources, legal services, occupational health and safety, legislative services and information technology.
• Establishes Department goals and objectives in conjunction with SMT that are reflective of Council’s vision.
• Provides leadership for the organization as a member of the SMT to create overall goals and objectives and makes decisions that contribute to the achievement of Council directed objectives.
• Coordinates/supports Corporate Services staff in initiatives supporting the strategic direction and sustainability of the City. Provides strong leadership to project teams and City initiatives to achieve full potential.
• Contributes to the development of organizational leadership through focused staff development strategies.
• Reviews policies, procedures, work methods and service standards for all Corporate Services with a view to continuous improvement and the identification of efficiencies in the delivery of City services.
• Ensures the organization is in full compliance with all relevant legislation and City administrative policies.
• Attends Council meetings as the functional representative and sits on various committees as required. Ensures that reports from Corporate Services to Council contain the necessary information and provide the appropriate recommendations to assist Council in its decision-making process.
• Supports and/or reviews the Five Year Financial Plan for the Department. Contributes to the Annual Business Plan, City budget and other operational matters.
• Keeps abreast of trends and developments in municipal operations and recommends new and innovative approaches to enhance the performance of the City.
• Develops strategic and operational plans. Participates in and contribute to Surrey Excels.
The successful candidate possesses the communication skills necessary to motivate excellence within the City; inspires change, stimulating both staff and key stakeholders to embrace new technology; develops relationships within the City, and with key external stakeholders; acts as a leader and advisor to City Council, City Manager, City Staff and outside agencies on Corporate Service; and manages the complex and challenging change efforts necessitated by the size and diversity of operations of the City.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or Human Resources, or a related field. A post graduate degree is preferred. A professional designation in a related field of the assigned portfolio is an asset.
The GM Corporate Services will have ten (10) plus years of related experience in progressive leadership roles in complex unionized organizations (preferably including experience in the public sector) with strong business acumen. Must have previous experience leading teams with a comprehensive understanding of operations and financials, outstanding organizational skills, strong leadership and management skills and a community minded vision of excellence.
Guided by our core values of Community, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation and Service Excellence, the City of Surrey provides municipal government services to the residents and businesses of Canada's 12th largest city. We value the contributions of our 4000+ employees and are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People. We’ve created a culture that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, our residents and our communities. Originally incorporated in 1879, the City of Surrey has received national and international awards for financial reporting, building excellence, recreation, policing and sustainability initiatives.
Surrey is set to be the most populous city in BC by 2041 and the Light Rail Transit project will help shape and focus this growth along the LRT corridors. With a capital cost of over $1B for the first phase of the project, this will be the largest capital project in our City’s history. Phase 1 will not only comfortably and efficiently transport over 18 million passengers per year, but will also transform Surrey into connected, complete and livable communities.
For further details about the position and the experience and skills required, please see the full job description
||April 20, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 18, 2017 04:30 PM