|Community Services Assistant 3 - Gallery Curatorial Assistant (Auxiliary)
|*Funded in part through Heritage Canada’s Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage, applicants need to meet specific eligibility requirements including: be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment, are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, and will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with this position. To find out more, visit: http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459878161086.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 30, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||Parks Recreation and Culture
||Are you studying contemporary art and want to develop skills to work in an art exhibitions?
Surrey Art Gallery is offering a 16-week placement for a candidate who is a full-time student obtaining a degree in fine arts, art history , curatorial studies, museum studies, and/or a related discipline. This position is designed to provide work experience in gallery curatorial department at one of Canada’s most vibrant visual arts institutions.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, methodical, articulate self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills, a passion for art and cultural production and able to work independently and as part of a team.
||• Assisting with the planning and coordination of upcoming 2017 2018 exhibitions;
• Collaboratively compiling research and developing resources related to these exhibitions;
• Assisting with the archiving of recent exhibition documents;
• Writing and researching for the purposes of cataloguing and interpreting works from the collection (including recently acquired artworks);
• Participating in de-installation and installation of exhibitions
||• Completion of grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognized institution
• Supplemented by 2 years of related experience in cultural work including supervision
• Emergency First Aid certificate and CPR Certificate or acceptable equivalent
||• Knowledge and experience in art exhibition theories and practices;
• Broad knowledge of contemporary art and art history
• Excellent oral and written communication;
• Solid administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and research skills;
• Effective problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||April 12, 2017 08:30 AM
||April 30, 2017 04:30 PM