|Business Services Analyst
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
May 13, 2017
at 12:00 AM
||Are you passionate about using data to support effective police operations and enhance public safety?
The City of Surrey has developed a comprehensive public safety strategy that focuses on enhancing existing program integration and effectiveness, while identifying new initiatives designed to optimize public safety resources that are available to the City. The City of Surrey is seeking a Business Services Analyst to help evaluate policies, programs and processes in support of the Surrey RCMP commitment to continuous improvement, quality police service delivery and enhanced community safety.
The Business Services Analyst will conduct complex research and analysis of community programs and services and departmental operations to identify issues and opportunities for improvement. The incumbent will examine operational business processes and resource deployment relative to workload trends and service level expectations, help identify operational efficiencies and effectiveness, and provide technical, business and policy advice to senior management relative to organizational performance.
||Key accountabilities of the Business Services Analyst are as follows:
• Conduct research and analysis in support of the Detachment’s strategic and operational planning efforts, performance measure development and monitoring, and evaluation processes.
• Develop research methodologies, including surveys, questionnaires and literature reviews to collect data relevant to the subject/study area.
• Review and analyze data and information from internal and external sources and develop detailed recommendations to meet operational and program objectives.
• Prepare comprehensive reports to document research and analysis findings, and deliver presentations to management and other stakeholders.
• Assist in the preparation of business cases related to long term strategies.
• Perform other related duties.
You will have:
• Demonstrated knowledge in the field of research and analysis, and direct experience in developing research methodologies, applying statistical methods, and analyzing data;
• Ability to develop project plans, compelling business cases and write comprehensive reports;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, both internally and externally;
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative to plan and develop a project from its inception to implementation;
• Experience in critical thinking, issue identification, and problem-solving;
• The ability to exercise considerable judgment and initiative within established policies and guidelines and applying discretion with sensitive and confidential issues;
• Experience with local government and/or policing, and knowledge of relevant legislation;
• Experience with strategic planning and change management within a large corporate setting;
• Proficiency with computer databases and software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point; and
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills for all levels in an organization.
||The following additional experience or accreditation is also desirable:
• Graduate degree in Planning, Business or Public Administration, or related field;
• Business Analysis Professional certification (ECBA, CBAP or CCBA)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Experience with specialized data analysis and visualization software (e.g., SPSS, Tableau, Cognos), programming languages (e.g., Visual Basic) and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
Note: This position requires a criminal record check and completion of the relevant level of RCMP Security Clearance.
||Competitive salary and benefits
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 104th Avenue
||April 10, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 13, 2017 12:00 AM