|Transportation Planning Technologist (Engineering Assistant 3)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
May 14, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||1353 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||This is a senior technical, administrative and supervisory position providing support and assistance to senior staff in administrative responsibilities, and performing complex technical work related to the completion of a variety of City engineering activities and projects in a relevant area of civil engineering.
You will perform moderately complex technical duties within a dynamic and fast-paced working environment in support of the development and completion of the City’s strategic transportation initiatives and programs including:
• Review of engineering designs;
• Coordination of project team work flow and associated project management duties;
• Preparation of modest scope technical documentation;
• Undertaking of policy and technical research and assessment for public and Council presentations;
• Act as a key person responsible for liaising and co-ordinating with internal staff, external agencies including TransLink and the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure and responding to enquiries from consultants and the public.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in all aspects of urban multi-modal transportation and enjoy working in a collaborative and high performing environment. Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; a sound knowledge and ability to operate computer equipment and software as applied to the work performed. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint is required. You must possess the ability to communicate and respond effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including the general public, internal staff and external agencies.
Education & Experience
• Completion of a two year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• Five years engineering experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability and supervisory experience in the relevant areas of civil engineering;
• An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• This position requires a valid B.C. driver’s license.
||April 7, 2017 08:30 AM
||May 14, 2017 04:30 PM