|Custodial Guard (Casual On-Call)
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
April 13, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-17 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The R.C.M.P. Division seeks Custodial Guards to supplement their casual on-call pool. This is an on-call position, with shifts scheduled as and when required by the division. This is custodial work, guarding incarcerated prisoners held at the White Rock R.C.M.P. Detachment. The Custodial Guard is assigned to a locked security area housing prisoner cells and maintains surveillance over prisoners to ensure their security and wellbeing; any unusual occurrences or prisoner complaints are notified to the officer in charge. This work also involves maintaining a prisoner’s log book and completing routine records and reports as well as performing routine janitorial duties. This appointment is under immediate supervision with some independence of judgment exercised. An active enhanced R.C.M.P. security clearance is required.
||• Active Enhanced R.C.M.P. Security Clearance;
• Completion of Grade 12 and preferably some related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Current first aid certificate including CPR training;
• Sound knowledge of the policies, practices, and procedures involved in the guarding of prisoners.
||• Ability to maintain alertness in a confined area housing prisoner cells;
• Ability to deal firmly and exercise discretion and diplomacy in maintaining control of prisoners; in emergency situations, ability to act quickly, properly, and calmly;
• Ability and willingness to deal with prisoners who may be intoxicated and in unclean physical condition;
• Ability to work well with others;
• Ability to carry out written and oral instructions;
• Ability to complete and maintain records and reports related to the work;
• Ability to be on-call and work days, evenings, and/or weekends, on short notice.
||The hourly wage range of this appointment is $22.53 to $26.38 with 11% in lieu of benefits.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your current first aid certificate. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||March 29, 2017 08:30 AM
||April 13, 2017 04:30 PM