|Office Administrator - Innovation Boulevard
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 30, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||1302 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Innovation Boulevard Corporation (IBC) is a partnership between City of Surrey and Simon Fraser University. We believe that through partnership, entrepreneurship and new technology we can develop solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in the health care system. The product of this collaboration is improved health for people, and a vibrant network that supports economic growth. Innovation Boulevard brings together the problem-solvers from health institutions, business, higher education and government to make it happen.
The Office Administrator position, located in Surrey City Central, is a regular full-time role reporting to the CEO, Innovation Boulevard: Health Tech Innovation Foundation. In this key role, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
The Office Administrator will be an employee of IBC.
As the Office Administrator, you will be the first point of contact for clients partnering with IBC. In addition, your duties will include:
• Performing diverse and confidential administrative duties to support the CEO including:
o Maintaining the CEO’s schedule and calendar
o Arranging meetings with internal staff and external clients
o Monitoring emails
o Preparing letters, agendas, reports, meeting minutes, and other related correspondence
o Booking comprehensive travel arrangements
• Assisting with reporting and invoicing to clients
• Organizing client events including venue booking, catering, managing client lists, and other arrangements
• Responding to a wide range of inquiries (written, telephone and in person) from stakeholders, and maintains effective relationships with the general public, clients, community organizations, and government agencies
• Upholding extreme tact and discretion in handling highly confidential information
• This role may require extended hours on an infrequent basis to provide excellent service or to manage client events
• Performing other related duties as assigned by the CEO
||As a successful applicant, you will have the following:
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a minimum of 2 years’ of relevant and related experience preferably as an Office or Administrative Assistant
• Able to interact professionally and diplomatically with people at all levels of an organization and with multiple external stakeholders which will primarily consist of professionals in the medical and technical fields.
• Demonstrates strong organizational and administrative skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Upholds confidentiality and manages sensitive information tactfully
• Possesses excellent attention to detail and verbal/written communication skills
• Exercises sound judgment, initiative and problem solving
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The City of Surrey - Human Resources Department is assisting with the recruitment for this position.
Please note: The Office Administrator will be hired as an employee of Innovation Boulevard Corporation (IBC) and will not be considered an employee with the City of Surrey.
please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||March 23, 2017 08:30 AM
||April 30, 2017 04:30 PM