|Lifegaurd Instructor/Level 1 & Lifeguard Instructor Spring/Summer 2017 (Auxiliary)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 16, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities? This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
If you have a passion for aquatics and recreation then this is a great opportunity for you!
The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for Lifeguards to help ensure all our visitors can enjoy our facilities in a safe and comfortable environment.
Our Lifeguards not only supervise the safety of our facilities, they also provide exceptional customer service as well as fun and interactive program instruction for the patrons of Surrey’s indoor pools. If you are a customer focused individual who wants to work with a dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
As a Lifeguard Instructor 1 or Lifeguard Instructor, you will:
• Perform lifeguarding duties to ensure the safety of patrons
• Ensure the facility is well maintained, clean and safe on a daily basis
• Perform routine maintenance like cleaning change rooms and tidying up the Lifeguard office
• Conduct instructional aquatics programs for participants of all ages and complete appropriate progress cards
In the Lifeguard Instructor position, you will also perform water tests to ensure adequate water quality and will occasionally work with Chlorine and other chemicals related to pool operations.
Both positions require:
• Formal Lifeguard, Instructor, and First Aid training
• Current certificate as a Water Safety Instructor
• Current National Lifeguard Service – Pool Option Certificate
• Current C.P.R. “C” with Auto External Defibrillation.
• The Lifeguard Instructor position requires related lifeguarding experience
||March 16, 2017 08:30 AM
||April 16, 2017 04:30 PM