|Manager of Electoral Area Emergency Services
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
March 31, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-17 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Community Services
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, equal to more than twice the size of Prince Edward Island. We provide various levels of fire protection services and emergency services throughout the region and administer seven volunteer fire departments.
We are accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Manager of Electoral Area Emergency Services. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and Community Services the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery, administration and feasibility of fire protection services and programs; the development and implementation of emergency plans and other preparedness, response and recovery measures for emergencies and disasters within the FVRD. This position will be the key contact for our Volunteer Fire Chiefs and Departments.
||• A Degree, diploma or certificate in Fire Service Leadership, Disaster and Emergency Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
||• Preferably a minimum of five years related experience in the field of fire protection and/or emergency services;
• Preferably a minimum of three years supervisory experience in a local government setting or consulting environment along with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in a team based environment;
• Knowledge and understanding of Electoral Area service delivery requirements and best practices as they relate to this position;
• Demonstrated budget administration skills and an understanding of local government financing, particularly Regional Districts;
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with elected officials, volunteers, the public and all levels of staff;
• Strong project management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, technically complex and challenging projects;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; and
• The ability to develop conceptual plans and conduct feasibility studies.
||The salary for this full-time exempt management position is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by a comprehensive benefit package.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban life styles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position and joining our organization, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-17 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on March 31, 2017 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||March 15, 2017 08:30 AM
||March 31, 2017 04:30 PM