|Project Manager - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 24, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-E008 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Strategic Initiatives Department
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 200,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. May 1, 2017 to approx.
May 3, 2019) Project Manager to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Strategic Initiatives Department.
Reporting to the Project Engineer, you will be responsible in this exempt position for the planning, design, proposal/tender invitation, construction supervision and project administration of works within the Strategic Initiative Department. The number and nature of the projects may vary depending on budgets, but may involve mechanical updates, building renovations, roof replacements, significant repair works, electrical modifications and upgrades, and construction. You will also be responsible for providing input to the annual capital budgeting process, drafting reports to Council, responding to public enquiries, delivering presentations and conducting condition reports on related municipal infrastructure.
Your education will include a diploma in a related engineering technology or related bachelor degree or PMP or P.Eng. designation and three to five years current relevant work experience directly related to managing and administering projects, preferably supplemented by experience of on-site construction and project management. A combination of education and experience may be considered. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of Municipal regulations, policies, procedures and by-laws; strong oral and written communication skills, in addition to excellent project management skills; thorough knowledge of the construction design process and construction administration; the ability and skill to develop and adhere to operational and capital budgets, and to manage and direct staff; as well as have strong computer skills including spreadsheets, data base management, word processing and audiovisual presentations.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have at least one of the following valid and current certifications / licenses:
• Registered member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia as P.Eng. or eligibility for immediate registration;
• Registered member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia as an EIT with a minimum five years of demonstrated relevant experience;
• Registered member of the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia or eligibility for immediate registration with a minimum five years of demonstrated relevant experience; or
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification;
Please have these ready to upload when you apply:
The following document must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required document below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package is available with this Exempt position. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Friday, March 24, 2017.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 10, 2017 08:30 AM
||March 24, 2017 04:30 PM