|Engineering Assistant 2 (Utility Coordinator) – 2-Year Project
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 22, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||We are looking to add a customer-focused Engineering Assistant to our team of passionate and knowledgeable professionals.
||This is an intermediate technical and administrative position providing support and assistance to senior staff in administrative responsibilities, and performing moderately complex technical work related to the completion of a variety of City engineering activities and projects specifically related to processing of requests from external utility agencies for permits to install works within the City road allowances and statutory rights-of-ways.
Applicants must possess the ability to communicate and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including external private and government agencies, contractors, general public, internal City staff and elected officials.
||The successful applicant will have:
• Completed of a two (2) year diploma in a discipline of Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution OR completed a one-year certificate in a related field of Engineering Technology supplemented by a minimum of three years of engineering experience.
• A demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability in the relevant areas of engineering.
• Broad range of civil engineering experience and are comfortable in developing solutions to existing problems.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• Experience working with or in utilities would be considered an asset.
• A team player attitude that thrives in a challenging environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• A valid and unrestricted Class 5 BC drivers’ license.
||February 22, 2017 08:30 AM
||March 22, 2017 04:30 PM